Royal Ascot Golf Club
Tel:
01344 625 175
Sat nav:
SL5 7LJ
SPECIAL OFFERS CLICK HERE

The Club

Ascot Golf Club was founded by local Barrister F.J. Patton in 1887, and given Royal status by Queen Victoria later that year. Many of her children learned to play golf at Royal Ascot and The Prince of Wales, later King Edward VII, was patron of the club in 1901.

The new premises became necessary when the Racecourse Authority announced plans in the year 2000 for a major redevelopment of the racecourse. This led to the Club moving to a new course across Winkfield Road on the site of the former Ascot Farm, once a medieval deer forest. Ironically, 100 years earlier it had been the home of a small golf club for local traders know as Ascot St George’s.

RAGC moved into its new clubhouse just before Christmas 2004, while still playing on what remained of the old Heath course. The new course opened for play in August 2005 (Barry Lane a distinguished member and former Ryder Cup player played in the first match) and was then formally opened by the Club patron HRH Prince Andrew, Duke of York, in May 2006.

The challenging 6294 yard parkland course (HSBC Golf Monthly Gold Medal Award) on 150 acres of wooded Crown land was described by one former Ryder Cup player as “one of the best new English courses I have played for a long time.” It is a Members’ Club, but welcomes societies, guests, charity events and visitors. There is an active Ladies’ Section, a flourishing Seniors’ Group, and a highly successful Juniors’ Section. Members are offered reciprocal arrangements with other ‘Royal Clubs’ worldwide. We also offer a new Beginner and Intermediate Golf Academy Scheme.

Royal Ascot celebrated its "125th Anniversary year" during 2012 and is the oldest golf club in the area, dating back to 1887. But it now plays on one of the newest and best courses in Berkshire, having moved from its old course on Ascot Heath in the middle of the racecourse in 2005.

Subscribe your email to receive latest news, special offers and open events...